Our litigation and dispute resolution department has substantial and comprehensive experience of all aspects relating to disputes involving a variety of issues including the following:
- Service Charges and other Debt Recovery
- Residential and Commercial Property
- Contentious Probate
- Company, Directors and Shareholders
- Intellectual Property
We have particular expertise in property litigation and have acted in a number of high profile and reported cases such as:
- Staghold Ltd v Takeda  CC (London) (Judge Levy QC)
- 9 Cornwall Crescent London Ltd v Kensington & Chelsea Royal London Borough  EWCA Civ 324
- 5 Felix Avenue Ltd v Pledream Properties Limited  EWHC 3048 (Ch).
- Cowthorpe Road 1-1A Freehold Ltd v Wahedally  L&T.R. 4.
Our objective is to resolve all disputes in the most cost effective manner for our clients, to be successful and to achieve the most beneficial settlement as possible. We appreciate when a tough stance is required and our expert negotiation skills and knowledge of the law will usually result in our clients achieving an excellent outcome. We are also great believers in the mediation process as a way of resolving intransigent disputes.
Although we strive to avoid Court and Tribunal hearings (which can be time consuming and costly) in our experience there is little alternative in some disputes. If formal proceedings are required we can advise you in all aspects of the procedure including the aftermath of proceedings and, in relation to Court proceedings, provide helpful advice relating to the enforcement of judgments and orders.
Whatever your dispute Comptons have the necessary technical ability, knowledge and experience to lead you safely through the law, delivering the results efficiently and cost effectively.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9513
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9508