Commercial property has been one of the traditional strengths of Comptons since 1987.
We regularly act for clients in the acquisition and disposal of both freehold and leasehold of a spectrum of commercial property. Properties include restaurants, retail shops, offices, hotels, public houses, colleges and stock broking, to name a few.
We also offer security and property finance advice. Our clients include banks and other property finance companies on the taking of mortgages, debentures and other securities. In addition we act for private clients and businesses on guarantees, second charges and other security required to fund their operations.
We have expertise and knowledge in all aspects of commercial leases including:
- rent reviews
- assignment or underletting
- termination and renewal of leases under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- permitted use and planning issues
- stamp duty land tax on lease premium and/or rent
- dilapidations and liability for repairs
- tenant’s insolvency, whether by liquidation, receivership or administration
We act for both landlords and tenants of commercial premises and so have detailed knowledge and understanding of commercial leases from both sides.
Whatever your commercial property requirements Comptons have the necessary technical ability, knowledge and experience to lead you safely through the law, delivering the results efficiently and cost effectively.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9500
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9513
Senior Associate Solicitor