Social Housing & Local Authority
Comptons acts on behalf of local authorities and registered providers. Our lawyers have expert knowledge regarding the specific requirements and demands encountered within these sectors.
Examples of matters we have acted in include;
- contentious issues such as enforcing the terms of the Trust against its members
- a complex property project involving a social housing trust’s ongoing management of an estate in North London undergoing significant roof top development
- governance advice to a registered provider on the role of its directors, members and alterations to the provider’s constitution
- advice to London local authority on a development to increase their social housing stock
- advice to local authority on their obligations under trusts of land
- advice to a local authority on contracts
Our lawyers also regularly provide real estate advice to leaseholders whose landlord is a local authority or social housing trust on matters such as staircasing shared ownership flats and lease extensions. Knowing the requirements and demands of local authorities and social housing trust enables us to advise our leaseholder clients accurately on the ongoing management of their case within the context of this particular industry.
Whatever your matter Comptons have the necessary technical ability, industry knowledge, experience and systems to lead you safely through the law, delivering the results efficiently and cost effectively.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9508
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9513