Comptons was founded in 1987 by Stephen Compton together with his wife Jean. It started life as a boutique property specialist firm until they were joined by Nicholas Goldreich in 1990 who founded the highly successful litigation department. In 2010 the original partnership was dissolved and the firm became a Limited Liability Partnership and its current form.
The firm provides a full range of services whilst retaining its particular strengths in real estate projects, property litigation, enfranchisement, residential conveyancing and commercial property.
Despite its expansion Comptons has retained its core values of building long term relationships with clients, paternalism towards its clients and staff and team work without the politics you can find in larger firms. Comptons will work as one unit to fully service the requirements of its clients.
In 2020 Comptons re-branded to celebrate its transformation to a full service law firm. In doing so Comptons created its current icon and registered trademark, the steel butterfly. Not only does it represent the firm’s transformation but the butterfly’s steely look portrays the strong leadership inherent in our solicitors and our approach to lead clients using our expertise and experience. Being situated near Regent’s Park is also relevant! The steel butterfly has since been central to our firm’s branding on social media channels. Why not check us out!
Comptons has won or been short listed for a number of Awards
- Gold for London Firm of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
- Bronze for National Firm of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
- Highly Commended in Conveyancing at the Law Society Excellence Awards
- Finalist in business development & marketing at Law Society Excellence Awards
- Website of the Year at the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Finalist in the category of London Solicitors of the Year at the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Highly Commended Solicitor in the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Finalist for Individual Conveyancer of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
Our Property Litigation Department have been involved in a number of high profile and reported cases
- Staghold Ltd v Takeda  CC (London) (Judge Levy QC)
- 9 Cornwall Crescent London Ltd v Kensington & Chelsea Royal London Borough  EWCA Civ 324
- 5 Felix Avenue Ltd v Pledream Properties Limited  EWHC 3048 (Ch).
- Cowthorpe Road 1-1A Freehold Ltd v Wahedally  L&T.R. 4.
Our expert lawyers have contributed or written numerous articles and podcast that have been widely published
- The Times
- Sunday Telegraph
- Law Society Gazette
- Evening Standard
- The Independent
- News on the Block
- The Leasehold Advisory Service Website
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9500
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9502