Comptons was founded in 1987 and initially started life as a boutique property firm.
The firm now provides a full range of services with particular strengths in real estate projects, property litigation, enfranchisement, residential conveyancing, commercial property, probate and family.
Comptons was founded on core values of building long term relationships with clients, providing pragmatic expert advice and team work. To this day Comptons will work as one unit to fully service the requirements of its clients.
Comptons’ current icon and registered trademark is the steel butterfly. The icon represents transformation and diversity. The butterfly’s steely look portrays the strong leadership inherent in our solicitors and our approach to lead clients using our expertise and experience. Being situated near Regent’s Park is also relevant! The steel butterfly has since been central to our firm’s branding on social media channels.
Comptons has won or been short listed for a number of Awards
- Gold for London Firm of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
- Bronze for National Firm of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
- Highly Commended in Conveyancing at the Law Society Excellence Awards
- Finalist in business development & marketing at Law Society Excellence Awards
- Website of the Year at the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Finalist in the category of London Solicitors of the Year at the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Highly Commended Solicitor in the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Finalist for Individual Conveyancer of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
Our Property Litigation Department have been involved in a number of high profile and reported cases
- Staghold Ltd v Takeda  CC (London) (Judge Levy QC)
- 9 Cornwall Crescent London Ltd v Kensington & Chelsea Royal London Borough  EWCA Civ 324
- 5 Felix Avenue Ltd v Pledream Properties Limited  EWHC 3048 (Ch).
- Cowthorpe Road 1-1A Freehold Ltd v Wahedally  L&T.R. 4.
Our expert lawyers have contributed or written numerous articles and podcast that have been widely published
- The Times
- Sunday Telegraph
- Law Society Gazette
- Evening Standard
- The Independent
- News on the Block
- The Leasehold Advisory Service Website
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9500
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9502